New Nikon Waterproof AW110
It looks like Nikon’s got another winner on its hands with the new waterproof AW110.
Nikon’s Coolpix AW100, released in mid-2011, marked the camera manufacturer’s return to building underwater cameras. Their 35mm Nikonos underwater cameras were the choice of professional scuba divers for years, but when digital cameras became all the rage, Nikon stopped production, and it wasn’t until the AW100 that they returned to the world of waterproof cameras. The Coolpix AW100 was an instant hit, and the upgraded AW110 is sure to be even more popular.
Like its successor, the AW110 is waterproof, shockproof and freeze proof so you can take it anywhere. But the new improved model includes built-in Wi-Fi for easy photo sharing and increases its underwater depth rating to 59 feet, making it the most scuba-friendly compact among its mainstream rugged camera competitors.
What are the features of the Nikon Coolpix AW 110?
• Measures a compact 4.33 x 2.56 x .98 inches
• Weighs only 6.81 oz. (incl. battery)
• Waterproof to 59 feet, shockproof from a height of 6.6 feet and freezeproof down to temperatures of 14 degrees Fahrenheit
• Built with a Wi-Fi connectivity so you can share and transfer files easier and faster
• With GPS, compass, mapping features and POI or points of interest as you create your photo journal for your trip.
• Capable of recording 1080p full high definition along with crisp stereo sound
• Connects to any HDMI capable device like TV, computer or a projector
• Available in four colors – camouflage, orange, black and blue
What are the pros and cons of using the Nikon Coolpix AW 110?
1. Since the Nikon Coolpix AW 110 has all the extreme features built –in it may be the ideal camera that anyone who enjoys an active lifestyle should use. It has the farthest depths that an ordinary digital camera without a waterproof case can go and still capture high definition shots. Other cameras would blur, take out of focus images and just spoil the view but the Nikon Coolpix AW 110 will stay clear thanks to its compact construction and useful features.
2. The GPS and tagging capabilities are also helpful when you want to create a diary or a photo album of your recent trip to impress family and friends. This camera will make you remember you’ve been there and had great fun!
3. This camera will also record high definition movies with its full 1080p HD capabilities. It can even capture great audio too with its stereo sound features.
4. Since it has Wi-Fi connectivity, you can easily connect to your PC or to your Mac computer with the freedom of wires. You can instantly transfer your files after you take them so you may edit and send them to friends ASAP.
It’s still too early for us to discuss disadvantages since this camera has not yet hit the mainstream market. But unless Nikon does something drastically different (and stupid) from the AW100, it’s unlikely that there will be much to complain about with this camera. The AW100 has been an extremely popular camera due to its rugged design and excellent picture quality. It also has one of the best door locking mechanisms of any of the rugged cameras, making it more reliable.
The Nikon Coolpix AW 110 is an ideal camera to use outdoors, underwater, in very cold places and in dusty and humid environments. With its durable and efficient tight housing, it’s a reliable camera for active sports.
Buy the AW110 on Amazon
[ReviewAZON asin=”B00B7N99IS” display=”fullpost”]