Olympus Tough 8010
The stylish Olympus Tough 8010 is a rugged camera in a compact frame. Coming from a long line of weatherproof cameras from Olympus, this is a camera that comes with a tough body that makes it waterproof up to 10m. It is also shockproof even when dropped from a height of 2 meters.
Advantages of the Olympus Tough 8010
This camera has some points over other point-and-shoots in that comes in a small, rugged frame. The compact point-and-shoot is able to take pictures with 14 megapixels of picture quality.
The zoom lens, although slower compared to its predecessors, sports a longer zoom range. The camera is also packed with HD video capture technology at 720p, which was not available in older models. More importantly, it is shock and water proof, made even more reliable with added water and dust seals. There’s a double latch for the battery and memory card door for added security. The lens is protected by a chrome cover which slides out of the way when the camera is being used.
Performance-wise, the 8010 leaves a lot to be desired, which doesn’t mean that it cannot get the job done. Graphics are easy to read and sport that vintage look that reminds one of old video games. The unit tends loads slow, and navigating the menu, especially the deeper settings can be tricky.
The quality of the shots also resembles those taken with cheaper compact cameras, which can be a deal breaker for those who are looking for a regular model without the weather-sealing. Video quality is normal, not really too remarkable, and there are visible artifacts present on most video captures when the FINE setting is used.
All in all, the Olympus Tough 8010 performs as well as other low-end compact cameras. However, its durability and ability to withstand various kinds of conditions make it perfect for outdoor adventurers. For those simply looking for sturdy compact models for outdoor escapades and can do with regular image quality, the Olympus Tough 8010 is a good option.
The Classic Olympus Stylus 550WP
[easyazon-block asin=”B001P06Q0C” align=”left”]The Olympus Stylus 550WP is definitely an outstanding digital camera and, better still, it comes with a very fair price. In fact, at under $180, this camera remains a tremendous buy as it is packed with scores of features commonly found on more costly models.
At only 1.4lbs, you would assume such a lightweight camera would have limited attributes. This is not the case at all! With the Olympus Stylus 550WP, you gain access to a solid camera that is easy to transport anywhere you wish. The exterior is made from aluminum which adds to its durability. In fact, this camera is waterproof (up to ten feet) which means it will not suffer damage from moisture or exposure all that easily.
But, what about the actual pictures it takes? You will never be disappointed with any photos you capture with this camera. It maintains 10-megapixel resolution which means the quality of the pictures will be above reproach. When you want to take a great photo and you want it to look good, this camera will prove to be a tremendous help.
The camera also comes with a 3x optical zoom which means distance will likely not be a problem unless you are trying to capture something from very far away. In general, you should not have much difficulty snapping photos of any image that is relatively close.
Among the most common “areas of contention” would be whether or not a camera is compatible with different memory in picture cards. (You never know when the enclosed camera card/picture card becomes lost) Thankfully, this model is compatible with xD Picture Cards and microSD memory cards which means you have many more options when the time comes to replace the original item.
The bottom line here is the Olympus Stylus 550WP is both an excellent camera and a fair priced one. Consider that a grand plus when you are in the market for a new camera.
For a more in depth Olympus Stylus 550WP Review <———–Click Here
Olympus Stylus 6020 Review
When it comes to choosing the best Olympus underwater camera, this Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 review may be able to help you make your decision. There are many kinds of cameras that you can use to take pictures underwater when on vacation at the beach, and you can use underwater cameras to document your snorkeling or scuba diving experiences. Taking pictures of life marine mammals can be a thrilling experience, and you can use any number of cameras to do so.
The Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 is one of the best underwater cameras, and Olympus is known for its high quality cameras. Using the Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 can be a smart way to ensure that your investment in an underwater camera is a wise one, as you can be sure that your Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 will last a long time.
Some of the design features that make the Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 the camera of choice are:
- The weight of camera is just 1 lb, making it the perfect camera to carry around with you wherever you go. A lightweight camera like this is usually fairly weak, but thanks to the sturdy metal used to construct the camera, it is a lightweight device while still being very durable.
- The design of the camera is designed to be difficult to damage, you will find that even after a fall your Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 is still undamaged and in perfect condition. The shockproof design of the Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 will protect it in case of a fall, and you can be sure that your rugged camera can take whatever punishment you can dish out.
- Many people love to take their cameras into extreme temperatures, and the Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 is a perfect camera to haul around with you into any temperature. The freezeproof camera can handle temperatures as low as -10 degrees Celsius, making it the perfect extreme camera to use on any skiing, snowboarding, or sledding trip.
- The Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 was designed to be used in every situation, and you will find that taking your Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 underwater will just be another day at the office for your camera. The waterproof design of the Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 makes it impervious to water, and it is completely waterproof up to 10 feet deep. The gaskets and seals of the digital camera ensure that the mechanisms of your camera stay bone dry, and you will find that the Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 is an excellent camera to take for underwater photography.
- For stabilization for your underwater pictures, the Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization feature helps keep your camera from shaking and taking blurred pictures. The technology compensates for the possibility of your hands shaking by ensuring that the inside of the camera remains steady.
- The Digital Image Stabilization acts as a secondary defense mechanism against shaky pictures, and works together with the Sensor Shift feature to ensure that your pictures come out clear and crisp with nary a hint of shakiness.
- With a single press of a button, you can easily roll cameras and start capturing video with your Olympus Stylus Tough 6020. Not only will it capture excellent HD video at 720p resolution, it can do so with just one touch.
- The 12 MP lens takes pictures that are almost too good quality, and your pictures come out clear and crisp thanks to the high concentration of pixels in your camera. Many people find that taking 8 MP images is easier, and the smaller pictures will take up less space on your SD card.
- For some people, the menus may seem a bit complex and confusing, so the auto settings have been designed to be simple and easy to use. You can simply avoid using the menus to fiddle with the camera settings, and keep the Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 on Auto to take excellent pictures.
Using this Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 review can be a good way to educate yourself about which underwater digital camera is the best one for you to use, and you will find that the Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 is a sturdy, durable camera that will last a long time.
To purchase the Olympus Stylus 6020 Tough go to Amazon now.