Fujifilm FinePix Z33WP
[easyazon-image-link asin=”B001QENO6Q” alt=”Fujifilm FinePix Z33WP 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom (Green)” src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41cNCSQKlKL._SL160_.jpg” align=”left” width=”160″ height=”109″] If you are into all things adventurous and thrilling and need a camera that can keep pace with you, the Fujifilm FinePix Z33WP will be just right for the job. While the tiny powerhouse has its fair shares of pros and cons; one thing is for sure, this camera sure is going to get a lot of action. Its portability is one of its USPs, so take it to the beach and capture your friends frolicking in the sea and sand, or carry it along when skiing down a mountain or riding on the alpine slopes and you will be able to click some astonishing pictures.
What makes Fujifilm FinePix Z33WP worth your money?
The zoom lens with 3 X capabilities offers a remarkable range of 35 mm equivalent for wide angle shots and 105 mm for telephotos. The camera is built to offer a resolution of 10 megapixels, so image quality is fairly good.
The Picture stabilization mode is the only mechanical image stabilization setting available; this helps to greatly enhance ISO sensitivity and shutter speed The ISO sensitivity is available up to a maximum range of ISO 1600; this aids in freezing movement of the subject, camera shake and greatly improves low- light background details, so you get virtually blur free images.
The 2.7 inch LCD screen eliminated the need for an optical viewfinder; the 230,000 dots resolution is ideal for framing just about any shot.
Because there are no manual controls and settings to tamper with, the Fuji Z33WP is incredibly easy to use., The camera only has two focusing choices, the multi and center AF, so if you desperately need to click a picture and there is nobody around to take the shot, simply tell the camera how many faces will be in the image and let it do the rest.
The face detection feature allows the camera to detect up to 10 faces in any shot and optimizes the focus and exposure for live subjects. This function also has automatic red eye removal.
Shutter speed range is 3 seconds to 1/1000 seconds while you get apertures from F3.7 to F8.0 for wide angle shots and F4.2 to F9.0 for telephotos; you do not have to change the aperture manually, it is controlled by 17 scene modes which helps you to control the look of the image
Fuji FinePix Z33 also helps you to record videos effortlessly at 30 frames per second. The clips are saved in AVI format and for quick access of the function a dedicated record button is provided
The FinePix Z33WP also features the innovative Screen Recognition Auto function that allows the camera to automatically detect the scene and choose the optimal setting for best results. The different image settings include night portrait, landscape, macro, night and backlight portrait.
Finally, to appease the young generation users, Fuji has also offered the Blog Mode with this camera. This function can be used to resize images so that they are cyber friendly and can be quickly uploaded to a social networking site.
A quick glance at the features
- Uber cool design available in five flamboyant colors like the Chick Pink, Hawaiian Blue and kiwi green etc
- Picture Stabilization for blur reduction
- Large 2.7 LCD screen
- face detection
- 3X optical zoom
- 10 mega pixels offer high resolution images
- SR auto for perfect pictures time after time
- Accessories like protective silicon jacket available
- Impressive low light performance
- Compact design makes it suitable for travel; when worn around a lanyard, you will certainly not feel the weight of this piece around your neck
- Minimal geometric distortion across the 3X zoom range
- Can be used under water; for its size, the camera is surprisingly sturdy
- Reasonably fast flash recycle
- Impressive shutter response particularly when pre-focused at wide angle
- Superlative macro performance.
- The images are disappointingly soft at the corners at almost all angles; unfortunately, the softness can be seen extending far into the frame
- Don’t be surprised to see the details diminishing conspicuously when the ISO is raised
- Chromatic aberrations are also distinct and reach far into the frame
- You cannot go for a print size beyond 11X14 while 8X10 will give the best image clarity
- Whiter balance average under incandescent light
- Cycle time between shots in quite slow
- The ISO is raised to 800 dm to get enough flash range but tgis results in grainy images.
The Verdict on Fujifilm FinePix Z33WP
The Fujifilm FinePix Z33WP is certainly a contender for the top spot on the list of inexpensive cameras that work underwater. Realistically speaking, you will need to compromise on image quality when you combine the low prize of the product with the numerous features that Fuji has tried to pack into this little piece. However, we all know that there are those time when capturing the moment takes precedence over the quality of the photograph.
Fujifilm FinePix Z33WP certainly wins hands down in terms of aesthetic appeal and shutter speed; this means that you can get decent quality images with a camera that your friends will certainly want to check out. The tiny sleek design is a big hit with kids and the affordable price of the product means that you can get one for your child. However, if you are expecting professional quality images, you are certainly NOT going to get it from the Fujifilm FinePix Z33WP.
Watch The Video For Even More Information
[trafficplayer_skin padding: 3px 0 0 3px; margin: 0 auto; width: 503px; height: 388px; background: url(http://underwatercamerareviews.org/wp-content/uploads/skin3_500x385.png) no-repeat top left; text-align: left;][trafficplayer_youtube_video width=”500″ height=”385″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/AWX5lH80KCU?modestbranding=1&autohide=0&controls=1&hd=1&rel=0″ ][/trafficplayer_youtube_video][/trafficplayer_skin]