SVP WP5300 Review
Are you interested in the SVP WP5300? With a price tag under $100, this digital waterproof camera appeals to many people, and this SVP WP5300 review is designed to help you determine if this camera is the one for you. Underwater photography has become very popular in recent years, and a number of underwater cameras have been released to make it easy for people to take underwater photos. Some, such as the Panasonic Lumix series, offer advanced features such as GPS, HD video and high resolution CMOS sensors. Others, like the SVP WP5300, are designed for people who want an inexpensive underwater camera and don’t need all the bells and whistles of the more expensive models.
[easyazon-image-link asin=”B004I7AORU” alt=”NEW WP5300 Black Waterproof 12MP Digital Camera& Video Recorder(compatible with micro SD card)” src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51G0FNGoAuL.jpg” align=”center” width=”442″ height=”500″]The SVP WP5300 is an excellent entry-level underwater camera, even though SVP is not a well-known brand. The waterproof design enables you to take this camera to 10 feet underwater, and the picture quality is good. Here are some of the highlights of this camera.
Some Things You Should Know about the SVP WP5300
- The SVP WP5300 is advertised as a 12 megapixel camera, but it actually sports a 2560×1920 CMOS Sensor that achieves the equivalent of 12 megapixel resolution via interpolation.
- The 2.5 inch LCD screen on the camera makes it easy for you to see the image that you are going to capture, without the need to squint and look through the small viewfinder that is integrated into the majority of cameras.
- The compact size makes it easy to carry around with you, and you can easily include your SVP WP5300 in with the rest of your swimming or snorkeling gear easily. It is also easy to carry around with you in a small bag, and you will find that it is very lightweight and compact.
- The 8X zoom enables you to zoom in and out to capture the best close up shots and panorama images. Using the zoom, you can quickly and easily adjust the camera to capture quality pictures near or far.
- The Facial Detection technology integrated into the SVP WP5300 will allow you to easily capture faces, expressions, and smiles with the click of a button.
- The focus software automatically focuses your camera to ensure that every picture you take is perfectly focused to get the best clarity for your image. You can simply point and shoot thanks to the auto focus feature, and you will find that your SVP WP5300 takes pictures that are focused and precise.
- Thanks to the auto settings of the camera, the SVP WP5300 takes control over flash, exposure, color, and brightness to give you pictures that don’t need any touching up using photo editing software. Using the auto settings is easy for even the most technologically impaired people, and most people find that the auto settings are able to take excellent quality images with no need for fiddling with the advanced controls.
- The integrated SD card that comes with the camera enables you to store a number of high quality images, though not as many as you may like. You can, however, purchase a new SD card to install in your camera to ensure that you can store as many images as you want.
- The SVP 5300 waterproof camera can withstand a depth of up to 10 feet. This makes it great for swimming pools, snorkeling in shallow water or taking the water slides.
- A downside to using the SVP WP5300 is the fact that the battery life is drained very quickly, which is normal for a camera that takes such high quality images. You can easily solve this problem by purchasing a spare set of batteries to use with the camera, which will give you unlimited time with which to indulge your shutterbug hobby.
- The SVP WP5300 is a great camera for kids. One Amazon reviewer said, “It’s simple enough that my child began using it Christmas morning without much guidance from adults. She had mastered it within 2 days of playing.”
The SVP WP5300 is a good entry-level waterproof camera for kids or adults who want to be able to snap photos underwater. It doesn’t have the slick features or high resolution of more expensive underwater digital cameras, but if you just want something to play with in the pool or to snap photos while snorkeling, this camera will do the job.